It's hot out! And sticky...and muggy. But I sort of love it! I dream of summer all winter long so I make myself appreciate all of it....even the really, really, REALLY hot days!
This summer, while in search of something filling yet refreshing to snack on, I came across this awesome dish. White bean dip with pita chips....super yum! It comes together in a flash and gives you plenty of time to chat with friends, drink a glass of wine, or catch up on the lastest episode of "The Bachelorette".
But, before I share the recipe with you...I want to share with you the newest addition to our family! Meet Roxy!! She is our new silver lab puppy and we just love her to pieces. The eery thing is that she reminds us an awful lot of our sweet Hershey. We just know she is still looking after us!
Roxy loves to play and loves to nap and is just about the cutest puppy ever! She has brought so much laughter and light back into our lives!
Alright....on to the recipe....that I promise you will love!!
White Bean Dip with Pita Chips
from Giada De Laurentiis
1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
1/4 cup, loosely packed, fresh flat parsley leaves
Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley into a food processor. Pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer puree to a small serving bowl.
4. Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Arrange wedges on a large baking sheet and pour remaining oil over them. Toss and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden.
Last Bite: The lemon and fresh parsley really make this dip come alive. Take it to a party or just make it as a side for dinner one night. Either way, you won't be disappointed!