For the shower on my mom's side, we had a bakery in town make the cookies....seriously...how cute are these?!?!
Also it was great because my cousin Heidi was there and she is due 2 days before me! Can you believe it? She is having her third child and this one is a little guy....I am sure he will be a cutie like his brother and sister!!
Here is a picture of my wonderful mamma and me!!
The whole gang!
All of the wonderful gifts for our wonderful little girl!!
I just can't believe all the wonderful things we are getting for the baby girl!!! And, I can't believe how close she is to getting here. I wobble between total excitement, and total fear! But I think I lean more towards the excited side!
Pat and I are continuing to clean out our old work-out room and transform it into the perfect room for our little sweet pea! It has been a S-L-O-W work in progress....but we are getting there! Pat has been a huge help with organizing and moving stuff too. Hopefully this "nesting" thing all the baby books talk about kicks in soon....until then I would much rather take a nap! Haha!
For both showers I made a delicious Jalapeno Popper dip....and for both showers I failed to take a picture of it! So sorry! But I promise...it is REALLY, REALLY good. And, super simple to toss together!
Here is the recipe:
Jalapeno Popper Dip
from Annie's Eats
2- 8oz packages softened cream cheese
1 cup mayo
1-4oz can chopped green chiles, drained
1-4oz can diced jalapeno peppers, drained
1/2 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, green chiles, jalapenos, and shredded cheeses. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or spatula until smooth and evenly combined. Spread the mixture into a baking dish (approx 9x9 inches).
3. Sprinkle both the Panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese on top of mixture.
4. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and topping is golden. Serve warm with baguette slices.
Last Bite: Well....this dip was super easy and super yummy! It has enough of a bite to really taste great, but not too much to feel like your mouth is on fire! And....baby showers with friends and family are just the best! One more baby shower to go...can't wait!!!