Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Influence Meet and Greet!
So back in May or early June I started seeing information pop up about this Influence blogging conference everywhere. Now, I may not be the best blogger, but oh do I love to read blogs! And a good majority of the blogs I read were talking about this christian blogging conference and I couldn't get it out of my head. And then I found out it was being held in Indy which is only a few hours from where I live. Then I REALLY couldn't get it out of my head.
So I chatted with my husband and thought about it and prayed about and and decided that as much as I would LOVE to go, I was just too chicken. I wouldn't know a single person there and I am kind of a homebody. I would miss my baby girl and my husband and the whole thought of leaving for THREE nights just made me all kinds of nervous. So I put it out of my head and moved on.
And then something funny happened. I just couldn't get it out of my head. Hmmm....maybe God was trying to tell me something. So once again I thought and prayed and talked to my husband and then next thing I knew I was taking a deep breathe and buying a ticket. At first I was elated! I was actually going to do this! But to be honest...I'm feeling those nerves much more strongly than excitement right now. So this whole meet and greet couldn't have come at a better time! :)
I'm actually going to be staying with a friend who lives in Indy to save some cash, but she is close to the hotel so I will be able to just drive back and forth. Yet another thought that makes me nervous. Which is sort of frustrating because I can be fairly outgoing...but new situations??? Nervous!
Anyways here is a little info about me and I can't wait to "meet" more girls online and then in person in a few weeks!!!
3 get to know me things:
1. I have a hilarious daughter Lucy who will be 2 in December and a pretty great husband Pat. We will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary in just a few weeks!
2. I LOVE to cook! Although working full time and having a kid make it a lot more difficult. I am pretty passionate about whole, clean, organic foods and am a mostly vegetarian :) Sometimes I have chicken. But mostly not. But seafood? Mmmm....yummy goodness! :)
3. I am fairly new to blogging and pretty uneducated. My big dream would be to blog and run a health coaching business. I am looking into going to school for this early next year.
2 things I am looking forward to:
1. I am really looking forward to meeting so many amazing ladies!
2. I can't wait to learn from the best and then apply all that knowledge once I get home.
1 thing I can't leave home without:
My iPhone. FaceTime does this mama wonders when I missing my sweet girl!