Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hurray for Hummus!

As promised….the recipe for the hummus I made on Sunday. Sunday also being the day that the COLTS earned their way to the Super Bowl!!!!! I can hardly wait!

The hummus was very easy to put together and had a wonderful flavor. I didn’t have any tahini paste but my mom did so I added that at the last minute. It gave it a very “hummus-y” flavor. I liked this hummus because it was a little sweeter than you would expect making it the perfect snack!

We snacked on this during the first half of the game and noticed the flavors became even better after they married together for awhile. I would suggest making it in advance and letting it sit for just about an hour before serving it. You won’t be sorry!

I also toasted up some pita crisps which served the hummus perfectly!

Spiced Sweet Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus
adapted from allrecipes.com

1 can garbanzo beans (15 oz) drained
6 oz roasted red bell peppers
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Tahini paste
1 clove minced garlic
½ Teaspoon ground cumin
½ Teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper to taste
Parsley

1. Preheat oven to 400. In an electric blender or food processor, puree the garbanzo beans, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt. Process, using long pulses, until the mixture is fairly smooth, and slightly fluffy. Make sure to scrape the mixture off the sides of the food processor or blender in between pulses. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (The hummus can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated. Return to room temperature before serving.)
2. Sprinkle the hummus with the parsley before serving.
3. Cut pita bread into triangles and lightly oil. Bake in oven until golden brown and crisp.


Here I am in my Colts gear before the BIG GAME!


The yummy finished product!


Last Bite: This is a very good and very easy dish to make. It will be a hit not matter where you take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment