Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Super Simple Appetizer


The first Wednesday of every month a bunch of girls get together for Girls Night. We rotate houses and bring appetizers to share. It is a great time as we laugh and talk and eat and drink all night long! But every month I freak out before girls night as I am horrible at appetizers.

Sure, ask me to feed you dinner and my mind races with a billion and one things I could make. But appetizers….hmmm…I always get a little lost.

So when I stumbled across this one I knew I hit the jack pot…and I will share it with you so you can make it too!

You can use whatever type of paprika you have on hand, but my mom recently bought me Smoked Sweet Paprika and let me tell you...it was the bomb with the goat cheese!

Paprika and Dill Goat Cheese

From The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients

  • 2 packages (11 Ounce) Fresh Goat Cheese
  • 6 Tablespoons Fresh Dill (or More If Needed)
  • 6 Tablespoons Paprika (or More If Needed)

Preparation Instructions

1. Place the package of goat cheese into the freezer to chill.

2. While the goat cheese is chillin’ in the freezer, finely chop your fresh dill and spread it out a bit on the cutting board to let it dry for a few minutes.

3. The goat cheese should now be slightly firm. When it is ready, carefully remove the goat cheese from the packaging and gently roll it over the fresh dill, coating it almost completely.

4. Now pour some Paprika (a few tablespoons should probably do) onto a baking sheet. Give the pan a very slight shake to spread out the paprika a bit. Roll the second cylinder of goat cheese in the paprika until it is covered completely.

5. Carefully wrap each roll snugly in plastic wrap and chill until it’s time to serve. (The Paprika Goat Cheese will not do well if kept for longer than one to two hours so don’t make it too far in advance). Carefully slice them (easier when they are cool) and serve on crackers or crostini.

Last Bite: You can’t get any easier than this for an appetizer that looks so elegant. I took this to Girls Night last month and it was a hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment