Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"I heard," said the bird, "that there's a new one coming!"

So ever since becoming pregnant and having Lucy I live in fear monthly that I am pregnant again.  Yes, I want another baby (perhaps more even!) but just not quite yet.  Don't get me wrong, a baby is a blessing...I know!  But I currently have a baby that has recently started waking up for 2-hour stretches in the middle of the night. 

It's pretty awesome. 

So to introduce a new child would be a bit overwhelming to say the least.  So, each month if I feel odd one day, crave chocolate, feel tired, smell a funny smell, or whatever....I think, "Ohmygosh-what-if-I-am-pregnant-what-am-I-going-to-do!!!!!"  And then....inevitably....I am not pregnant.  Whew.  It's exhausting, really.

So, last Friday, I was having one of those days.  I was very much looking forward to the weekend and drinking a few beers and NOT being pregnant (for now!).  On my drive home after picking up Lucy I always swing by the mailbox and get the mail.  In the mailbox I found I had something addressed to me from an unknown sender.  I racked my brain for possiblities in the 30 seconds it takes to reach my driveway and then as soon as I parked I ripped into it.

It was a cute homemade card and on the front it said, "I heard," said the bird, "that there's a new one coming!"

Oh my gosh!  Someone, somewhere KNOWS I am pregnant and they are sending me a card congratulating me!  How on Earth is this possible???  Is this a sign?  Am I really pregnant?  I mean, I must be since I'm getting a card about it right??? 

And then I opened the card and realized it was a baby shower invitation (of course!) for a friend of mine.

And that night, I drank an extra beer to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment