Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Peach, basil, and brie cheese french bread pizza

Recently I made some french bread pizzas which were to die for!  I had seen this recipe for Peach, Basil and Brie Cheese pizza and thought it looked amazing!  However, I wasn't sure how that would fly with the rest of my little family.  So I also made a more "regular" pizza as well.  Pat wasn't a huge fan of the peach pizza....but oh my, I certainly was!  It was amazing!  The fresh peaches offered a juicy bite that was combined with soft and melty brie.  I could seriously live off of brie cheese!  And don't skimp on the balsamic reduction.  It is what truly brings this whole pizza together!

For our regular pizza I just used some pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, red onions, olives and bell peppers and cooked it the same way I did the peach pizza.  It was also delicious!  And the possibilities are endless....you could certainly dress it up anyway you like!

Peach, basil and brie french bread pizza

Ingredients

1 french bread loaf (preferably whole grain), sliced in half, lengthwise
2-3 ripe peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
4 oz brie cheese, thinly sliced
2 tbs freshly chopped basil
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup balsamic vinegar


Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Place bread on baking sheet and brush olive oil over each half.  Top each half with brie cheese slices and peaches.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Broil for 30 seconds until the cheese gets a tiny bit brown and bubbly.

Meanwhile, place vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.  (takes roughly 5 minutes)

Drizzle balsamic reduction evenly over pizza and top with basil.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment