Monday, May 7, 2012

Mommy and Me Weekend

This past weekend Pat was down in Nashville helping his good friend celebrate his bachelor party.  So Lucy and I decided that since it was just the two of us, we would have our own party all weekend!  We had a mostly great weekend, although Lucy decided that since she couldn't find Dada, there was no way she was going to let me out of her sight.  The poor kid wouldn't even take a nap on Saturday since she was so upset at being left alone.  And, well I'm just not great at letting her cry it out....so we broke a bunch of rules this weekend, including letting her fall asleep on the couch next to me every night.  But hey, that's how we make things fun when we are missing Dada.  The poor kid would walk around the house asking "Dada?  Dada?  Bye-bye?"  So we looked at pictures of him and blew him kisses and I told her he would be home soon.

Saturday we helped one of my great friends celebrate her baby shower.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the shower, but Lucy did great!  She was pretty shy to begin with, but before I knew it she was running around, playing with balloons and having a blast!  She is just so funny to watch!

On Sunday the weather was really nice so we spent lots of time outside.  We went on several walks which Lucy LOVES and pointed out every single bird we saw along the way.  Then we came home and walked all over the yard looking for flowers to pick.  While I was worn out by the time the weekend was over, it was great to have some girl time for sure :)

I snapped a few cell phone pics over the weekend to share.

Working on our Lego Skills
Lucy loves to talk on the phone and pretends everything is a phone.  Here she is with 2 remotes walking around saying, "Huwo?  Huwo?"  Hilarious!
Lucy LOOOVES her doggy
Trying out Mama's shoes
Sweet little girl fast asleep on the couch next to me
I hope you all had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment